|Assignment Title: Human Resources Policy|
|Location of Assignment: BULAWAYO|
|Duration of Assignment: 20 DAYS|
|Reports to: THE DIRECTOR|
The Centre for Innovation and Technology (CITE) is a digital media and creative hub that was formed in 2015 and registered in 2016. It sprang from the need to have an organisation that will ride on the use of new technologies and art to support social movements, talented change makers, and innovators. The organisation was formed after realisations that while new media plays a very important role in creating awareness and raising different social, economic and political issues it cannot be fully effective if it not fused with other offline media. The success of this hub hinges upon the involvement of young people who are mostly the ones who use new media and those in the art sector. It also depends on being rooted in the community and the participation of the community. The Centre for Innovation and Technology seeks to provide a space where young people from different backgrounds and professions can meet to discuss ideas and collaborate on various projects and innovations. It combines digital media and activism to push for positive social change in Zimbabwe.
CITE’s mission is to keep citizens informed, holding public authorities to account, and enabling public conversations through online and offline innovative platforms.
The major objective of the assignment is to develop a comprehensive Human Resources Policy for CITE that meets international standards.
The purpose is to standardize management of the organisation’s human resources, ensuring recruitment and retention of high calibre employees.
- Roles and Responsibilities of Consultant
- Review human resources policies that are currently in place and make changes where necessary .
- Come up with Job descriptions and grading system.
- Develop human resources standard for CITE that are in line with international standards and practice and that serve to recruit and retain high calibre staff.
- Orient staff and board on new human resources policy
The consultant is expected to achieve the following deliverables:
- Produce the CITE Human Resources Policy
- Facilitate a workshop orienting CITE staff and board on the human resources policy
The following method suggests ways in which the process will be undertaken:
- 2 days for preliminary consultative meetings with CITE management and staff
- 13 days drafting of policy.
- 3 days to review the draft together with CITE Director.
- 2 days for orientation of staff on the manual.
- Technical Direction
Technical direction during the performance of this assessment will be provided by the Director for CITE.
- Required Skills and Competencies
- Advanced/ Masters’ Degree in Human Resources Management or an MBA or related post-graduate qualification.
- Demonstrated capacity and experience in facilitation.
- Demonstrated research experience
- Proven experience in NGO human resources management
- Demonstrated high level writing and analytical skills.
- Knowledge and experience of using participatory approaches and innovative facilitation techniques
- Strong analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills and able to negotiate shared positions
- Excellent communication skills
- Tender standards:
The tender should be no more than 5 pages, and is expected to include;
- A cover letter outlining motivation and summarizing relevant experience
- Contact details for at least two independent referees with in-depth and proven knowledge of the applicant’s expertise and relevant work experience.
- Background of the consultancy company/individual
- Proposition on how the project would be conducted.
- CV of consultant/-s involved in the project and examples of previous work should accompany the tender.
- Charge for the consultancy.